PDA

View Full Version : My new Website

Hendri Venter
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Captured this African Barred Owlet in Kruger National Park. Removed some OOF branches on BG.

Canon 7D
Canon 300mm F2.8 IS + 1.4 TC
420mm
F4.5
Aperture Priority
ISO 400
SS 1/1600

I published my new website last week. Although I'm not 100% complete please feel free to visit it. Should you wish to leave any crits or comments please use the contact section.

Here is the link : www.digitalwild.co.za

Stu Bowie
08-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Of all the times Ive been to Kruger, I have never seen an owl. :confused: Good sharp detail, with a lovely complimentary BG. If only he could have turned his head ever so slightly more towards you to see his right eye. A sighting I wish I had in my files mate.

Joe Senzatimore
08-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Head turn aside , a beautiful image. BG makes it pop and is very complimentery to the image.

Randy Stout
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Hendri:

Lovely owl, nice complimentary background, simple, nicely scaled perch.

Just for personal taste, I find the image a bit bright, and think some of the whites have lost a bit of detail, esp. on the upper breast.

Perhaps a slightly looser crop if you have the canvas.

Cheers

Randy

Tony Whitehead
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Great find, Hendri. Beautifully sharp and lovely BG. Agree with Randy on reducing brightness and trying to get a bit more detail back in the whites. Website looks great BTW.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Hendri, agree with Randy's comments. Loved the bird, perch and the BG. WOW on those eyes.

Nice website...loved the design and presentation. And of course the photos. If you dont mind, one suggestion is to have a 'recent work' gallery. Its good for repeat visitors....I promise to be one of them :-)

Art Kornienko
08-14-2010, 07:37 AM
I find the eyes just a touch soft (on my monitor anyway) but a lovely shot indeed. What a great website, you sure have an impressive collection, very well done. Congrats.

Hendri Venter
08-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Thank you so much for your views and comments folks.

Very good point Randy. I do have some space and will certainly rework it.

Kaustubh and Art thanks for the compliments on my website. One of my plans is to add a gallery for recent trips. Although my next trip is only late Nov I also want to add trips from the past.

Hendri Venter
08-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks Peter. No I did not call him. Just lucky to spot him next to the road in Kruger.:)