Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/160"
F11
ISO:400
LR & CS3
HH

I know it's not everyone's favorite pose but I think it works in this case. I kind of wish the bottom had been all white or that none of the bfly was blocked.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey Ken,
I'm almost afraid to say it....fearful the avain HAP will find us :2eyes2::p.....but not my favorite angle.......although tack where it needs to be. You look close on the whites....could be from downsizing.....but the OOF blob that goes into the wing has gott' go for my tastes....crop off bottom seems to work best for me.....lets see what others chime in!

I now see your comment on the HA......sorry.....junior member of the HAP didn't pay attention!

Dave Leroy
08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
It is sure a shaggy looking creature.

I like the colour combination and don't mind the pose.

I also find the oof bit at bottom distracting and a crop seems to work all right.

Vida van der Walt
08-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Lovely shot Ken. Great detail, IQ and lovely bg. I agree on the crop and to balance it will even take a little slice off the top as well.:)

Ken Childs
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I originally left that blob because I didn't want to cut off the legs. How does this look?

Dave Leroy
08-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Very nice job Ken.

Well done.

Julie Kenward
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Ken, you did exactly what I would do on the repost - nicely done too! I can handle the angle of the insect although it's not my favorite but wouldn't mind seeing a bit more room at the top of the frame so those antenna don't look like their headbutting the edge quite so closely.

Lovely BG on this and sharp where it needs to be. I'd keep it! :)