08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Nikon D3s
1/50 sec@ f/22
ISO 800
360mm

Comments welcome...........

Julie Kenward
08-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Jay, look at you go! I love your angle and your choice of crop. Lighting and exposure are also very strong. Only thing I might suggest changing would be to consider cloning out the raspberry colored ruffled leaves that are OOF at the bottom of the flower. Everything else is so sharp and crisp that those feel a bit out of place. Wonderful impact here. Nicely seen and executed! ;)

Desmond Chan
08-11-2010, 12:33 AM
It's a very well executed shot ! Composition-wise I'm not sure of it. It's certainly an interesting perspective of the flower itself though.

John Storjohann
08-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Jay, I love the color and the angle...the crop may be just a little too tight. I find myself wishing that you had backed up just a bit and shown a little more of the right side of the flower for balance; that may have given you that little bit of DOF you needed to get the ruffle of color at the bottom in focus as well (although it really doesn't bother me that much). I love the isolation of the bloom and the sharp detail in the textures; wonderful sense of depth and an unusual approach that is well executed.

Anita Bower
08-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Beautiful lines, light and colors in this image. Luscious! I like the view from the back of this lovely Lily. I think it works as is, but am wondering if a stronger image might include either more or less of the flower.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Hey Jay,
colors are great!.....but I to am in the more......or less crowd. As presented......I've eyed a crop off the RH side......eliminating the cut petals there entirely and slightly into the main petal (not leaving any edges).......works better for me......just an idea for you to explore. I like the different approach and view too.

Jay Sheinfield
08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi folks,

Thanks for the feedback............I will play with different crop views of the flower. just to see.

Jay