PDA

View Full Version : Horse collar

Katherine Enns
08-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi all, just learning a new Canon 5D, with a borrowed 70-200mm. ISO 800, 70 mm, f 4.5, 1/80 sec.

We have come out for a wedding, visiting Bruces relatives in southern Manitob, all Canadian Mennonite farming heritage folks. This was in a dark barn interior, 37 degrees C out there. So I can see I am not used to the depth of field on this camera. Please, comments and thoughts on new cameras especially are welcome. Previously I posted photos shot with a Canon Xsi.

Alfred Forns
08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Kat. ....posting from iPad. For these type would suggest stopping down more .... Need to have all in focus ..... Look at the bottom Btw one trick for these images is to use a shorter focal length which will give more doff !! ...can also darken the image a bit more

Jackie Schuknecht
08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks pretty good Kat, that is a NICE camera. I hope you enjoy it. Good advice from the Master:)

Katherine Enns
08-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Hokay...thanks Jackie and Al. Boy have I got some sheds for y'all! So, say 8.0 or even further down.

That is sweat salt on the leather, its quite white.

This camera scares me!! There is no way I am good enought for this box, so practice practice practice.... :D

denise ippolito
08-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Katherine, Interesting image and good luck with the new camera.