PDA

View Full Version : astranzia major

Valerio Tarone
08-09-2010, 01:33 PM
i like search in late afernoon the last rays of sunlight and a flower to put in the image against the sun ball.
Nikon 300D 70mm macro AF single f3,5 1/30 EV-1 ISO 320 VIVID 15 sat3 ton.3 D liht auto wb auto PP in Nikon capture (more sat., red+5, autoexp.)
Comments appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
08-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey Valerio,
Well....I like the concept but I do think this has a lot working against it. I do wish you could have positioned the bloom in front of the brightest spot.....that would have minimized it. I also would have preferred if it was a bit closer in color to the other OOF orbs so it wouldn't be quite as dominant. Lastly.....a better angle to eliminate the whitish line running across the bottom.....would eliminate the final distraction. I hope you can get a chance to try this one again as it has some real potential.

Valerio Tarone
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
yes ,Roman, the whitish line was a plastic thread of alp sheperds, i cannot eliminate it. Yes I try similar images...it's not easy find the place, right hour, the position of sunset in the mountains. thanks.

Jonathan Ashton
08-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I like the idea but it hasn't come off too well. I would suggest you take a tripod with you next time. This will slow you down and force you to really look hard at what is in the viewfinder and then I think you will start to ask yourself what it is precisely that you want to capture. You will instinctively move left right forwards and backwards and sometiumes you will decide quite simply wrong place try here or there.

Anita Bower
08-10-2010, 08:08 AM
I think the colors in this are lovely, especially the bokeh in upper left corner. I wish the flowers, or at least one of the flowers, were in focus. I, too, use the D300 and use Live View to focus all my macro shots. I also use a tripod.

Valerio Tarone
08-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes.....handheld. I too believe better use the tripod, it gives more possibility th think the composition. another time..

Julie Kenward
08-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Valerio, I applaud your vision - just need to work out that execution a bit more. The colors and the varying DOF work for me but the large white streak and the hot white circle near the flower totally grab my attention. Nice try...try again! We'd love to see what you come up with.