PDA

View Full Version : Into a Kalahari Night...

Morkel Erasmus
08-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Here is another take on my night-time endeavours in the Rooiputs camp on the Botswana side of the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. This is an unfenced camp, with lions roaming through the camp at night, hence my desire to stick close to our campsite (and thus including the road here). I was on foot, and was nervously watching my back throughout the session :confused:

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM @ 10mm
f3.5 @ 30s @ ISO-2500
Tree and FG painted with light from an LED Lenser P17 torch bounced off my hand

Dave Mills
08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Morkel. I like your comp with a good view of the road and the tree anchoring the rt. The milky way diagonally going into the tree is also effective. Just enough lighting in the foreground along with a great sky.Good one!

Connie Mier
08-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I like the simplicity of this, so well composed. Now, if you could just get a lion to come walking down that road...:)

Judy Howle
08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Nice composition and the sky is wonderful! It would be nice to have a lion in the road. ;)
Judy

Morkel Erasmus
08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
thanks for the comments Dave, Judy & Connie :)

if there was a lion, he would have to stand very still for 30 seconds - I would make him! :D

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey Morkel,
Know the feeling all too well!!! It's a whole different ballgame when there are no bariers between you .....and that which can eat you! I think the arc of the milky way compliments the tree.....as usual not a huge fan of tire tracks.......I might go for just smoothing them out......but you did an excellent job technically!

Morkel Erasmus
08-19-2010, 04:30 AM
thanks Roman...will see what I can do with the tracks :)