PDA

View Full Version : Egret on Point

Mark Fuge
08-09-2010, 07:05 AM
This image was taken at Merritt Island NWR a few years ago. It has always been one of my favorites, as I like to get images of wildlife in poses reflective poses.

Modifications in CS4 included; Accented Edges, Shadow & Highlight and other normal PS image adjustments.

Enjoy!

denise ippolito
08-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Nice looking image Mark. It looks like it needs a rotation. It is easy to level an image w/ a reflection -just take a ruler and align the 2 heads. The one blade of grass going through the bird is mildly distracting. I like the colors and wonder why the reflection of the bird looks dark. Nice framing and composition.

Mark Fuge
08-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for viewing and comments, Denise.

I have posted with rotation and redid some of the issues I had noted.

I didn't want to remove the twigs within the bird, as it was too delicate an area and would ruin the image. I cut back the other offendiing ones as much as possible to minimize their inpact on the scene.

Cheryl Slechta
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Mark, the repost looks really nice - I love the colors and the reflection. I can't decide about the one little stick in the water to the left of the egret.

denise ippolito
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
The repost does look better Mark.

Mark Fuge
08-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for viewing and comments, Cheryl & Denise.

Cheryl, I left the stick there on purpose, to give you something to say! ;) :D

No ... I left it to fill the void area and based on a old Chinese tradition that I heard years go. The potter leaves a little imperfection in the pot, as nothing is perfect and to reflect his undertanding of nature. It seemed to fit this image, so while I know we all may think we want it gone, it does serve a purpose to those who know, or wish to. ;)

Kerry Perkins
08-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi Mark, I like the repost better also. The colors of the sky are much nicer to my eye. I like the reflection but it does seem dark to me.

Mark Fuge
08-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks Kerry for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Mark, I actually prefer the original - seems more meditative. This is definitely my favourite of yours :)

Mark Fuge
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks Nicki for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.