Image Quality RAW
Flash Type External E-TTL
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation -1 2/3
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain sync
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Servo AF
AF area select mode Spot AF

At last a cool but not too breezy morning, I took Barney for his walk and hoped I could find some butterflies whilst they were relatively inactive, luckily I did and even Barney sat still for me. The breeze didn't help but I managed a few images. All comments welcome.

Anita Bower
08-09-2010, 07:33 AM
I like this image very much. The placement of the butterfly in the frame is pleasing. It's nice to see the butterfly perched on a grass--different from most of images on this forum. Great details. I like being able to see the little hairs. Excellent!

Ken Childs
08-09-2010, 07:55 AM
This one's really nice, Jon! The comp is good and the colors look very natural. I do wish the BG was just a bit more consistent but it still looks good.

kostas nianiopoulos
08-09-2010, 09:02 AM
verry nice Jonathan , cute guy on your frame , good color , well done !!!

Adrian David
08-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Great details and nice composition! Great light ,also...Well done!

Roman Kurywczak
08-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey Jonathan,
Great job handling the light and I happen to like the BG for the most part...tweaking the area just below the back of the BF and smoothing it out some will just put this one over the top:cheers::cheers:!

Steve Maxson
08-09-2010, 07:30 PM
This is a very attractive little butterfly, Jonathan. Nice sharpness on the butterfly and its diagonal perch. Though you used flash, I like that it doesn't look flashed at all. Well done.

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm a newbie, but this looks great, Exp. and comp. SWEET!
Don

Allen Sparks
08-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Very well done. Love all the details in the butterfly. As Roman mentioned, background in the LRC could use some smoothing out I think.

Julie Kenward
08-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I think this is your best one yet, Jon. You got enough of the face that I feel a real connection here. Lovely BG colors and, as Roman noted, a little smoothing out next to the butterfly will take this over the top. Congrats!