PDA

View Full Version : Where are you Deer

Harshad Barve
08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Dear all Made this with 7D, 300/f4, ISO 400 , 1/1600 , FF , I dont have space is LHS All C & C are most welcome Harshad

Ken Watkins
08-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Harshad,

Not to sure about whether this works or not, I think the head turn is just too far, placement in frame is OK for me. I will be interested to see what other people have to say

Kirk Adams
08-09-2010, 12:09 AM
A fine shot showing the vast grasslands and harsh conditions that a tiger has to live in. I am ok with the image since it's about the animal's behaviour who is clearly looking for something...

Well done !

Hilary Hann
08-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Love the absolute attention the tiger is giving the scene (or what is unseen to us). I love the highlight on the coat and the various textures and colours of the grasses. There is tension in this image which you can really feel, so for me it is a winner. TFS.

James Shadle
08-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Harshad,
The head angle depends on the emotion the photographer was attempting to elicit.
I feel like the Tiger is getting ready to leave or run away from me in a hurry.

IMO the negative space in front of the Tiger helps with that feeling, however for my taste the Tiger is much to closer to the left side of the frame.
The Tiger more right in the frame would make this a stronger image and there still would be enough negative space on the right.
James

Alfred Forns
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Harshad

Head angle I'm fine since the cat is looking for something !! Fully agree with James, left side placement wouldn't mind a bit more room, does feel tight !! Also like the space to the right showing his operating area !!! Very nice image with good feel !!!

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Harshad, I am fine with the head angle...w.r.t the pose, it is fine IMO. Liking the layers in the Bg a lot. Excellent environmental shot. As others have said, more room behind the tiger would have helped. Biggest problem is light I think. This would have been a killer shot with some dramatic low light....either from your side or rim light from the opposite.