PDA

View Full Version : Ringling Crossway Sarasota, Florida.

Troy Lim
08-08-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.troylimphotography.com/photos/961940905_q9758-XL.jpg

Saturday evening: I have not taken any landscape shots for quite a while now. Decided to go out and get some sunset shot around town. I was so lost. This shot is taken near the Ringling Causeway in Sarasota Floriday. Single exposure.
Cropping and sharpening. Removed some halos and dust spots. No saturation added.

Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 30
Aperture f/11.0
Focal Length 14 mm
ISO Speed 200
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash No Flash
File Size 121 kB
WB Manual

Dave Mills
08-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi Troy, nice image and well handled technically. The colored reflection leading to the bridge is effective along with a beautifully colored sky.
The far end of the bridge is in effect cutting the image in half so I might crop a bit off the left to add more dominance to the bridge and offset it.

Troy Lim
08-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Troy, nice image and well handled technically. The colored reflection leading to the bridge is effective along with a beautifully colored sky.
The far end of the bridge is in effect cutting the image in half so I might crop a bit off the left to add more dominance to the bridge and offset it.

Dave, thank you. I totally agree with you.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey Troy,
Great advice by Dave on the crop but I would go even further.....see the shadow line of the span in the water......I would crop off the bottom to just above the LRC and then take off the left. Really make the span shine and emphasize it even more......just removing negative space. I think you did an excellent job on the exposure.....so tightening up the comp will really make this shine!

Troy Lim
08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey Troy,
Great advice by Dave on the crop but I would go even further.....see the shadow line of the span in the water......I would crop off the bottom to just above the LRC and then take off the left. Really make the span shine and emphasize it even more......just removing negative space. I think you did an excellent job on the exposure.....so tightening up the comp will really make this shine!

Roman, thank you. Can I see your crop version? Thank you.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey Troy....here it is on the crop....

Troy Lim
08-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Troy....here it is on the crop....
Thank you Roman...it is much better.