PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness waterfall

peter delaney
08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
another waterfall image.... was restricted by water pipe going across the top of falls, could not move more to the right ...

1/4 sec f22 iso 100 , d3 14-24mm

Dave Mills
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi Peter, Good job on this one! Thanks for explaining why you didn't add a bit more to the top but the way it's composed the crop doesn't bother me. The foamy water acts as a foreground and leads you to the back of the image. That 1/4 sec exposure gave nice detail in the water while still showing movement. The colors are warm with even lighting which is important in this kind of image. Wondering if the small colored leaf in the lower rt is a bit distracting pulling my eye back to it.
Good angle and well handled!!

Connie Mier
08-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I like the scene, the textures are compelling. I'm not really liking the square crop and the bottom corner seems void of interest. I moved the image on my screen and cropped out the bottom, removing some of that area and I liked the horizontal comp. Just one opinion.

peter delaney
08-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi Dave and Connie

many thanks for comments.. have re cropped the image to remove some of the bottom rhs...

thanks

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Hey Peter,
I actually think you need to go into the OP......and see if you could get any depth in the LRC.........as I like the line of the foam very much in the OP. Try toning down the bottom center glare off the water too.....this small tweaks will make this a very strong image!