PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch On Thistle

Jim Fenton
08-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Image created last evening in between gusts of a brisk breeze and clouds.

Nikon D300s, 600VR, TC14EIIm ISO 500, f8, 1/320, NearUniWB, CW metering, -.7 EV applied ~ car with beanbag

Randy Stout
08-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Jim:

Very nice with excellent catchlight for a dark eyed bird:p
Like the detailed perch, seed in mouth, comp and background.
In a perfect world, I might prefer the down to not be behind the head.

Cheers

Randy

Phil Ertel
08-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Jim,

I like this presentation as I think the in thistle seeds add contrast and interest. The bird looks good to me with nice details and the seed int it's mouth is very nice.

The image looks a bit flat on my monitor. I moved the white and black points in and decreased the midtowns in a curve layer. I masked the effect out of the black wing feathers as I wanted to keep the details you had captured. I'll leave it up to you if you think it a far representation of what you saw.

Nicely seen and captured. Thanks for sharing.

Katie Rupp
08-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I like the added interest of the thistle and the tiny seed in the beak. Nice detail, sharp and lovely soft bg.

denise ippolito
08-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Jim, This one is really nice. I love the thistle and the pose. I really like the added detail to the thistle in the repost. The seed in the mouth is special.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Jim, what I like the most is the softness in the feathers that you have brought out. Excellent exposure. Its hard with such bright yellow subjects. Beautiful shot.