PDA

View Full Version : Photographing in the high heat/humidity

Sandra K. Mathews-Benham
08-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Howdy

I bought my husband a 7D (I have one too), and he was taking photographs outside one day, a few videos. He noticed that magenta perpendicular lines began to appear in his shots. . . some of them looked as if he were taking the photographs through a window screen. He sent it in and they repaired it (god bless warranties).

In the other camera's absence, we put my Olympus "you can't break me" waterproof 1030 on a tripod and videotaped some construction happening at our house. The same lines began to form in the images as the heat increased. (we have this little dude for our class trips to the Boundary Waters and for helping my swim/training for triathlon).

The camera is fine now, but has anyone else experienced this sort of distortion? Any suggestions? (other than not using it when the heat is excessive--I'm talking 110+ heat indeces).

Thanks in advance

Sandra

Alfred Forns
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi Sandra Have not had thoe lines forms, just condensation problems Did they give you any explanation for the repair?

Have used cameras in similar conditons of heat but not humidiy !!

Sandra K. Mathews-Benham
08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Sensor malfunction, I believe. Thanks for the response! We had three cameras malfunction in one week. Bad week! All are either getting repaired or are back to normal operations.

Arthur Morris
08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
To protect your cameras from humidity damage during storage go to the BAA Bulletin Archives and do a search for Zorb-it. There are several mentions and some great tips for dealing with high humidity. Let me know if you cannot find it :)