PDA

View Full Version : White Egret (Breeding)

Christopher C.M. Cooke
03-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Taken at the Healsville Sanctuary Victoria with Canon 30D 300mm F4L IS + 1.4X con. 1/649 sec. F/10, ISO-200, Shutter priority, Pattern metering, -0.3 step.

http://birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6807&stc=1&d=1204959660

Alfred Forns
03-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Chris A couple of things I would try to start You can change the camera settings to your advantage In places with cluttered bg do shoot wide open It will blur the bg making for a more pleasant image Also will give you more shutter speed which will help in sharpness

I know by stopping down you will help sharpness with converters I just feel its a toss up and will be loosing more than winning Also your camera has a good ISO performance so would take advantage and up the ISO a bit when needed

Picture wise the bird is very large in frame If you did not crop much would have liked it better without the converter Point of focus does not seem to be on the eye since its not sharp Did well with the exposure Whites are in check !!!!

Lana Hays
03-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Chris
To add to what Al has said......the bird needs more room......especially in front. I agree....you did well with the whites exposure.

Christopher C.M. Cooke
03-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks folks, your advice is much appreciated.:)