PDA

View Full Version : Red deer

Willem Verboom
08-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi,

Here another red deer from holland. The weather was bad en rainy and dark too. (see exif)
But I think the picture turns out quit nice don't you think?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x15/vmotion/Edelhert-65.jpg
1/80 iso 2000 ev +1/3 f 5.6

Thanks for the reactions.

Willem

Alfred Forns
08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi Willem It did turn out very good and love the mood ... bad weather usually makes for some good photography !!!

I like the framing with a little extra room to the left, intese look and good looking animal !! If its fine with you migth cover the dark area on the back? It is close to the animals head and sure grabs attention Excellent image !!!

Sid Garige
08-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Wonderful image of a dandy buck. Fantastic comp and wonderful feel to it. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Kaluski
08-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Hi Willem, firstly can I ask, have you run any Noise reduction on the image? If so did you mask the animal or apply overall? The stag looks a little flat, but has more detail so it needs to be brought out using more USM. I use Smart sharpen and it really pings out but this is not ideal, USM is better. A bit of tinkering here will provide I feel and excellent image. :cheers:

BTW check out Edwin Kats website

TFS
Steve

Harshad Barve
08-08-2010, 06:27 AM
love the pose and settings here , Excellent image TFS

Steve Kaluski
08-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Willem my Dutch is very poor, but you asked if I can be more specific. The Red Deer needs more sharpening, but NOT the background.

Steve

Willem Verboom
08-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Oke people thank you very much for your reactions so far.

@Steve ,I'm sorry but I thought you were dutch!

I've select the deer en run noise reduction over it then I revese it en run a little noise reduction over the deer.
Then I run sharpening over the deer but I understand it is a little too soft. I try your suggestion as well thanks for your comment.

Willem

Steve Kaluski
08-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Geen zorgen (?) :D

Never run Noise reduction over your main subject, you will lose all detail and applying USM will not be effective.

Would suggest you go back to your original, duplicate the file, apply NR on the background layer, apply USM on your duplicated layer, mask the duplicated layer (black) and paint your deer back in. You then have a background with less noise, and a sharp deer. Flatten, save for web.

Bezoek Edwin Kats website

Sabyasachi Patra
08-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Nice pose. Good to see a different subject. Lovely antlers.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi