PDA

View Full Version : Purple Gallinule

Dave Mills
08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Shot a few years ago at Wako in Florida. Pretty birds that can be difficult to get a clean shot at. They are usually walking around pads in areas of high vegetation. I took out a bit of vegetation in the backround.
Nikon D300,500mm,F8,1/1250, 0 comp,ISO 800,tripod mtd.

Dave Leroy
08-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Very pretty shot Dave.
It always amazed me how well bird colours work so well in their habitat.

It could be my eyes or monitor, but I wonder if it is a bit soft as shown?

Dave

Dave Mills
08-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi Dave, not sure on the exact sharpness but I know the beak is sharp. Could be some fall off towards the rear...

Dave Leroy
08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for confirming that Dave.

I'm sure it is my eyes. On again off again with contacts/reading glasses or nothing. Good to know.

Dave

Jackie Schuknecht
08-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Like the pose Dave. It is hard to get a clean shot. Looks a little noisy?????

Alfred Forns
08-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Dave these birds are difficult to get in the open for ceratain but can put on a show at times .... just need to be lucky !!! :)

Somehting odd about the processing regarding colors and bg There is noise and checking the legs the yellows don't look the right yellow? The feathers caught my eye also but they vary enough that it could be the bird !!

Lance Peters
08-07-2010, 07:14 PM
HI Dave - Come over and see me - we have them pretty much everywhere, so much so that I neglect to take any shots of them - been raining a lot lately and they have been on my front lawn - geez youd think id get out there and take a shot wouldn't you.
Can be very pretty colours in the right light.- agree with AL something looks a little outta whack.

Dave Mills
08-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi Lance, OK if I set up on the lawn? This is has been sitting in my computer for years and I came across it recently. Easy to rid the noise and will see how different this is compared other I've shot the same day...

VinceRossi
08-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Nice shot. I agree with all above and would like to add that it is pretty obvious where you took the vegetation out in your PP. Another few passes with cloning BUT with little opacity might have help.

Dave Mills
08-08-2010, 10:23 AM
It is Vince? where?

VinceRossi
08-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi, Just above the greenary that is there on the left up to about mid way of his chest, I can see stroke of cloning or whatever process you used. It also is located jus below the tail section of the picture. Just my views on my monitor, I could be wrong.

Dave Mills
08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Vince, I blew it up to 400% and didn't see an artifact. I checked the areas you mentioned...I am capable of missing something:)