PDA

View Full Version : Hey Randy, Am I too old for this?

Fabs Forns
08-07-2010, 01:04 AM
I think the chick is abusing the parent, this interaction didn't last too long, the mother got tired really soon, but the chick was in Heaven. When Mom was done, she started shaking the left leg until the abusive :P chick got the message. Light temp warmed in p/p.
Moosehead Lake, horrendous light.

Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Lens (mm): 400
ISO: 1600
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter: 1/500

Randy Stout
08-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Fabs:

Another nice one under difficult conditions. The noise performance of the Mk IV is pretty impressive. On my monitor the whites on the breast are just right. You can still see the faint vertical ribbing.
I am seeing a few jaggies along the bottom of the bill and back of head on my monitor, so perhaps ease back the sharpening in those areas?

Back riding usually lasts for about 10 days. This chick is clearly older than that. I have seen the older chicks try really hard to get on, and can only get part way up, or the adult just dives away from them. This was one very tolerant adult.:)

Cheers

Randy

Krijn Trimbos
08-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Cool shot, of this fatty trying to get a free ride. Great post processing, turning this into a very appealing shot with beautiful colours, while shooting with horrendous light. I agree with Randy about the sharpening, but apart from that a great shot. Well done!

Scott Frye
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Great low angle and it tells a story --

Stu Bowie
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Fabs, good placement of mom and chick in the frame, and I like the overall exposure, colours and sharpness. I also like the opposite HA's.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Great mood and the warming idea works really well. Another vote for removing the jaggies on the lower mandible.

Grace Scalzo
08-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Great interaction, Fabs, and a cute story. You really created some nice images from tough conditions.

arash_hazeghi
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
very nice Fabs, love the low angle and EXP, well done!

Jim Fenton
08-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I love what you did with the light Fabs given the low contrast lighting.

Excellent pose and great behavior...and super clean for ISO 1600!