PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness waterfall

peter delaney
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
1/40 sec f22 iso 100

D3 14-24mm @24mm

Local waterfall in Wilderness national park, have cropped to square format, decided to underexposed the area around waterfall..

Ian Cassell
08-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi Peter. I like this conversion. Good choice of DOF and I like the square crop for this image.

Connie Mier
08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I like the B&W version and the rocks and water together are highlighted well. I do like the square crop, with the foreground rock. But, my eyes keep wanting to see the remaining waterfall, where the action is.

Dave Mills
08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi Peter,very nice conversion! The image is sharp with nice texture in the rocks. Not a bad idea underexposing the water around the falls making the water really stand out. I also like the water flow that shows detail and yet is soft.
Wondering if you took the image showing all of the falls without cutting the left side. Probably would have taken a slight shift to the right or gotten a bit higher. Well handled technically...

Roman Kurywczak
08-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Hey Peter,
Not sure showing the base would work as well......given that the leading line rock edge is so strong!....but worth thinking about next time out. I was going to recommend opening up some of the dark areas.....but see you did that intentionally. I don't feel that the area behind the falls needs to be opened up.....but perhaps a hint more on the rh side....including the rock. All in all, very nicely done!

peter delaney
08-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Ian and Connie thanks for your feedback , Connie was not possible to move any more to RHS.

Hi Dave and Roman the angle was the best i could get , without me camera and beanbag falling in to pool, insurance company would not be happy...

thanks again for feedback...

Peter

Morkel Erasmus
08-09-2010, 03:05 PM
nice compo and conversion Peter...nice texture and tonal range as usual...I dig the V coming from the LRC and leading you to the falls