08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Dear all
This is Dhole , wrongly called as Wild Dog
D300 , 600mm, ISO 640 , 1/100 at F8 , HH , cropped
All comments are welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Stu Bowie
08-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Harshadbhai, good look back stare, and I havent seen this species before. He looks like a cross between a wolf and a large dog - just doesnt have the 'painted ' coat of our wild dogs. That lonely pink flower stands out so well too.

Steve Canuel
08-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Nice fur detail and look back pose. The OOF one looking away in the back and the lighter road(?) give it a "chopped off" appearance for me on the right side but I understand the conditions under which you shoot and realize you may have not been able to get another shot from a different angle.

Marc Mol
08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I love the Indian Dhole, as it reminds me of the African WD!
Love the lookback pose here Harshad, however, I find the 2nd dhole behind with no separation detracts somewhat as too the pink flower highlight.
TFS

Ken Watkins
08-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Harshad,

Wheres the stripes:D?

You are truly priviliged to see this animal, most of us only get to see them very rarely on TV.

Whilst they look entirely different from the African Wild Dog I understand that their social structure is remarkably similar, so that puts them very high on my list.

Pity about the OOF dog in BG, but anything is better than nothing when it comes to Dhole:)

Harshad Barve
08-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Harshad,

Wheres the stripes:D?

I just thought you all must be tired to see them everyday

Whilst they look entirely different from the African Wild Dog I understand that their social structure is remarkably similar, so that puts them very high on my list.

Yes

Pity about the OOF dog in BG,

Fully agreed

but anything is better than nothing when it comes to Dhole:)

Of course , Few people have some dramatic images of Dholes , will post more of them