PDA

View Full Version : Invermere house

Katherine Enns
08-05-2010, 11:57 PM
So Al asked if I had anything of the entire structure shown in the photo posted below, and here is one. This was shot with the same Canon in July of 2008, while working near Invermere in the Rocky Mountain Trench. I messed this photo up too, and used Lightroom to correct the white balance as much as possible. Also Shadows and Highlights. Shot in sunny late afternoon conditions, overexposed...what can I say, I was young and foolish then. ISO 400, 28 mm, 1/2500, f/ 8.0... comments welcome.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks for sharing this, interesting to see the structure and mountain range in the BG.

Alfred Forns
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
HI Kat

Can help out on this one Kat!!!! Exposure wise just check out the histogram and watch for blinkie !! ... there should be some here !!! ... btw this is one of those times is good to switch to manual since framing more up/down will change the compensation needed !!

Framing wise would rather have the image without the person or if including keep away for merging with house !! Would also point more up or down to alter the horizon ... here either would work out fine !! Do like it just takes a few tweaks !! btw when processing you don't need much Just levels, curves and a little sharpening .. not sure you need to mess with the CB much, will get you in trouble more often than not !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
08-06-2010, 10:43 PM
You are getting me fascinated in these old structures Kat. Hope to capture some on upcoming holidays. if the walls could talk, what stories we would hear! Good advice from Al.

Katherine Enns
08-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Thank you all. Al, the color balance was shot way off. I hear you re merging. I did not do too much, but it actually wasnt blinking. I have some more of this particular building and its outbiuildings. I am going to see what I can do to meet your suggestions. I must have taken 25 images of this buliding alone. I had in mind the freshness of a living person next to a long dead home, once probaby rang with childrens voices.... Not sure its all THAT romantic, but I do have a theme here, which is not a standard one. If there is one.

Oh oh. Jackie once you start, its hard to stop, like eating sunflower seeds, only not as fattening, You will start to see them every where, whereas before they were invisible.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
True!