Dear all
Not at all fan of B & W but tried this one , All Sticks are most welcome :D
7D , 300/f4 , ISO 400, F5 , 1/25 , HH , 75% of FF
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Sid Garige
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Harshad,

Comp looks fantastic. Like the feel but bright spots in the background are kind of distracting for me.

Ken Watkins
08-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Harshad,

Interesting but I would prefer to see it in colour.;)

The image itself looks a little dark to me, light patches in BG really do not bother me but are easily curable.

Harshad Barve
08-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Here is color one

Ken Watkins
08-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi Harshad,

Maybe I am prejudiced but to me this is miles better:D

Still looks a little dark to me, but then it might have been dark.

Morkel Erasmus
08-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Bhai - lovely eye-level angle and composition...

I dig the idea of B&W here, but feel your original was too dark, at least on the tiger and he needed to "pop" from the darker BG.

I used your colour version and played with it quickly - wasn't able to use Nik Silver Efex as I'm not on my home computer, but quickly did 2 layers of B&W in CS4, processed differently. For BG I used a green filter, and for tiger I used infrared preset to lighten him up.

Added some contrast and masked out the BG to reveal darker BG behind. VERY quick job, but I hope you'll like the concept?

Harshad Barve
08-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Thanks Morkelbhai , Much appreciated

Marc Mol
08-05-2010, 05:10 AM
Colour version all the way for me with this one Harshad, the busy BG doesn't lend itself to a B&W conversion IMO.
I'm sure you have some Ele images which may be appropriate? :D

Alfred Forns
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Harshad Main problem with converting this particular image is the low contrast of the original .. not an easy image to make it shine !!! Morkel was on the right track increasing contrast but looks odd .... just a difficult conversion !!!

Richard Unsworth
08-05-2010, 10:10 AM
A lovely image, I actually like the darker color image best - I know this is exactly as you would have seen it. ;)

From the expression and eyes, the Tiger looks like he knows you?

Harshad Barve
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
B & W is not my cup of tea for sure :(:(:(:(:(:(

Austin Thomas
08-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Another vote for colour on this one Harshad,

As Alf mentioned the original doesn't lend itself to B&W particularly well.

Good to try something different though every once in a while.

Cheers

Austin

David Thomasson
08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
What a noble beast. Nice capture, Harshad. I had a go at converting ...

http://a.imageshack.us/img828/8342/tiger2.jpg

And also at the color version (since I had to work with that before converting ;)) ...

http://a.imageshack.us/img8/3236/tigerps.jpg

Harshad Barve
08-05-2010, 09:29 PM
David , You are just too good , Too good man :cheers::cheers::cheers:
TFS this , Made my morning and now I am loving both versions posted by you

David Thomasson
08-05-2010, 09:35 PM
David , You are just too good , Too good man :cheers::cheers::cheers:
TFS this , Made my morning and now I am loving both versions posted by you

You are too kind, Harshad. Thank you!

Ken Watkins
08-05-2010, 11:32 PM
David,

Your PP work never ceases to amaze me and you perform these wonders on a JPEG.

You should write a book.

Hilary Hann
08-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Harshad, I've just logged on to BPN and I am just so impressed that you were willing to try something different, even though it wasn't your favoured medium. The work done by David is just so good, but it only has produced winning images because your original photograph taken was excellent. I have to say that either the b&w or the colour would have a home in my library. Big congratulations.

Morkel Erasmus
08-06-2010, 01:34 AM
David...take a bow...would love to sit with you one day and look over your shoulder as you process :)

David Thomasson
08-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks, guys, for the kind words. I've been meaning to record some video tutorials, walking and talking my way through an image like this to show exactly what I did. Just can't seem to get around to learning the ropes in Camtasia Studio.

Stu Bowie
08-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Harshadbhai, this is second time Im coming back to this wonderful image before commenting. No matter what conversion, you have captured the perfect low angled pose, with such an inquisitive stare from the tiger. Great work all round my friend.

David Thomasson
08-06-2010, 10:15 AM
The work done by David is just so good, but it only has produced winning images because your original photograph taken was excellent.

Hear, hear! What little I do depends on having a solid photograph to work with, and this one is first-rate. :cheers: