PDA

View Full Version : Not farmin' any more VII

Katherine Enns
08-04-2010, 08:33 PM
This was shot three years ago with Canon Rebel and my trusty 24-105 in an abandoned ranching area in Invermere BC which is rich in old farm machinery scenes. I considered posting this in friends and family as that is our eldest daughter. Iam sorry I have no details on what I did with this but i did recently mess with the color a bit, on purpose. Comments are welcome, I liked the fact that a landscape and derelict building come together, or maybe are still apart here.

Alfred Forns
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Kat It is one interesting composition Don't know what else is around but might have tried moving to your right and maybe moving up a bit to have more mountain in the center. Would like to preserve the curve is possible, gives it a nice feel !!!

The blue bg need to desaturate a bit more and not sure what happened with the clouds up to .. have a lot of blue? Small tweaks make a difference for these and bt lots of time we use a graduated ND filter to be able to capture the sky and have a nice foreground !!!! ... did you get a tight shot of the cabin?

Katherine Enns
08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Al, thanks for your comments. I wanted this curve, mainly, and wanted the building to be very small and overwhelmed by the terrace landform its sitting on. I had really messed up with this photo though. Since i read your comments I figured out how to desat the blues out the photograph, the settings were wrong on the camera, this was a work thing in 2008. I have posted something for you in more recent thread.

k

Michael Pancier
08-07-2010, 08:53 PM
agree with al on cutting back on saturation. May also want to play with a B&W conversion on this too with a simulated red or orange filter.