PDA

View Full Version : Project Feathers: The Harlequin

Axel Hildebrandt
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I made this last year at Barnegat Light and cropped it from a vertical.

1D3, 500f4, 1.4x, 1/250s, f/13, EC -0.67, ISO 400

Ivan Sjögren
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
An very cool image, well seen. Looks like a angry chinese dragon. Good details in the white and black feathers. I allways wanted to see this species.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-04-2010, 03:45 PM
An very cool image, well seen. Looks like a angry chinese dragon. Good details in the white and black feathers. I allways wanted to see this species.

Thanks, Ivan! They are reliable winter guests, maybe you can come over here sometime.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Axel, well seen. I like the crop a lot. Good details in both whites and blacks...splendid work as usual.

Jory Griesman
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Nice exposure and feather detail, especially blacks and whites. Did you consider an even tighter crop, Axel, to omit the blue corners, or would this compromise the tail feathers?

Axel Hildebrandt
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Nice exposure and feather detail, especially blacks and whites. Did you consider an even tighter crop, Axel, to omit the blue corners, or would this compromise the tail feathers?

Thanks, Jory! Coming up with a crop that I liked took longer than the rest of processing it. :) I can see your point and it might work, too.

Fabs Forns
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I love the patterns and colors on this one. I'd be tempted to crop closer to eliminate the blue art the corners and make it more abstract.
Thanks for participating :)

Art Kornienko
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Nice detail for sure, like the water drop too. I guess you did consider a tighter crop to leave out the corners.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I love the patterns and colors on this one. I'd be tempted to crop closer to eliminate the blue art the corners and make it more abstract.
Thanks for participating :)

Nice detail for sure, like the water drop too. I guess you did consider a tighter crop to leave out the corners.

Thanks, Fabs and Art! I tried a tighter crop but for some reason it didn't look to me. I might play some more with it.

Krijn Trimbos
08-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Lovely feather pattern Axel. Nice colours too. I would probably try a tighter crop as well, for me because I am not too fond about the blue corners. TFS

Stu Bowie
08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Axel, what strikes me in this image is how the wing tips are crossed over each other. Basically, the whole feather pattern is symmetrical. Pity the URC shows a bit of blue.

Juan Aragonés
08-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Love the pattern of colours and shapes in this one. I totally agree with Fabs about the croping: much better without the blue corner to make the abstraction even stronger. Very good job