PDA

View Full Version : SRI LANKA Junglefowl

Ignacio Yufera
08-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Endemic to Sulawesi and closely related to the ancestor of domestic poultry, males look almost identical to domestic cocks, except for the bright yellow spot in the crest, and the fact that they fly! Funnily, females don't look like hens at all, and rather resemble partridges.

Shot in Sinharaja Forest, where they can be relatively tame.

Canon 1D MkIV, Canon 300 f/2.8, 1/80s @ f/2.8, ISO 640, fill flash.

Oops, I meant SRI LANKA Junglefowl, endemic to, of course, SRI LANKA. Don't know what's wrong with me today :o.

Scott Frye
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Nice colors -- those yellow feathers on the head draw my eye right to the bird -- micely presented

Fabs Forns
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Ignacio, I fixed your caption and merged your posts :)
Cool looking creature, great to see them in the wild. The fuzzy green habitat really sets his colors off. Great head angle and eye contact, enhorabuena!

Simon Bennett
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Nicely done in difficult conditions. The bright colours go well with the dark green jungle background.

Ivan Sjögren
08-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Very cool this see this bird in the wild. Great capture, good sharpnes on the head, like the jungle felling of the picture.

Arthur Morris
08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Quite striking. Excellent use of flash and excellent work with a difficult EXP. Though it would require some careful work eliminating the white o-o-f areas would be a good plan if that fits with your personal ethics.

Welcome, and TAT (thanks a ton) for your membership support.