PDA

View Full Version : What is your best Nature Photography Magazine?

Michel Pilon
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

If I have to become a member of a unique Nature Photography Magazine, which one do you recommend me? There's a lot out there and would like to subscribe to a very good one (but only one).

Thank you very much in advance,

Michel Pilon
Quebec, Canada

Fabs Forns
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Nature's Best is pretty neat, with great quality in images and presentation.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Michel, 'Nature's best' is the best. Quality of printing is the best I have come across. And the work displayed is quite inspirational. For articles, I think internet is much better these days than magazines. There are many good blogs/ bulletins from accomplished nature photographers out there.

William Malacarne
08-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Michel

I agree with Kaustubh....Hook up with Google(it is free) and you can find more than you will ever be able to read.

I just did a quick Google on "Nature Photography" and it found over 46 million url's. You can refine your search by doing something like "Bird Photography".....it found over 7.5 million url's. I agree all will not be what you are looking for but many will probably fit your needs.

Bill

Michel Pilon
08-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Thank you Fabs, Kaustubh and William,

Nature's Best seems to be a very nice magazine :)

But what I'm looking for is a magazine about Nature Photography including technical tips which doesn't seem to be the case with Nature's Best. It can be hints about composition, camera settings for a specific picture, postprocessings tips, etc...

Any suggestion?

I understand that the net has all of this but you should know what you're looking for and where to find it. By example, there is a lot of ways to apply sharpening on your picture but which one is the best for me? Which one is the best for prints? etc... And you can bring it with you in camping ;-)

Thanks again :-)

Michel (sorry for my english but I read better than I write or even speak ;) )

Alfred Forns
08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi Michael Might want to check out Outdoor Photographer ... has a good combination !!!

Norm Dulak
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Thank you Fabs, Kaustubh and William,

But what I'm looking for is a magazine about Nature Photography including technical tips which doesn't seem to be the case with Nature's Best. It can be hints about composition, camera settings for a specific picture, postprocessings tips, etc...

Any suggestion?

I understand that the net has all of this but you should know what you're looking for and where to find it. By example, there is a lot of ways to apply sharpening on your picture but which one is the best for me? Which one is the best for prints? etc... And you can bring it with you in camping ;-)

Thanks again :-)

Michel (sorry for my english but I read better than I write or even speak ;) )

Michel:

You might look at Nature Photographer magazine, which has instructive articles. Arthur Morris has also published some articles there recently.

Norm

Jeff Sorbie
08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
If you are looking for Canadian content try Outdoor Photography Canada.

Nick Palmieri
08-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Natures Best...

Arthur Morris
08-11-2010, 02:30 PM
If you really want to learn nature photography, save your subscription money, join BPN, and start posting here. If you have a few bucks left over, get a copy of ABP II.

Michel Pilon
08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Thank you all for all this informations.

I took a look at Nature Photographer which looks very interesting with just a few ads. I like the fact that the articles come from the members...

I was warn of a new french magazine called Nat'Images (the french Nature Photography magazine from "Chasseurs d'images".

I will take a look to all the mags you directed me...

And of course Arthur, I will continue to consult BPN :-)

Cheers,

Michel