PDA

View Full Version : Star Attraction of 2011

Harshad Barve
08-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Dear All

Bamera Male or New Tala male is going to be star attraction of Bandhavgarh in 2010-11 season. Son of Legendary B2 , Born in Tala Zone and then shifted to Bamera range after family separation. Started visiting Tala zone from 2009 , Now well settled in Tala zone. Made huge territory, big time bully and short dude compared to other males. He allow you to do long photo sessions.:)
Had seen him numerous time this year and I am sure he will take over crown from B2 this year.

This one is for you Ken W :)

7D , 300/f4 at F5.6 , ISO 200 , 1/60 HH , cropped to vertical
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Hilary Hann
08-03-2010, 06:26 AM
My goodness, isn't he a handsome, strong looking tiger. Like the way you've presented this Harshad but would love to see it in Black & White!! :p:p

Harshad Barve
08-03-2010, 06:28 AM
but would love to see it in Black & White!! :p:p

You Know how much I love B & W :D:D:D

Hilary Hann
08-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Indeed, and one day you will astonish us by posting a B&W and we won't know what to say. :D

Ken Watkins
08-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Harshad,

What a mighty fine present, I hope to see him one day:D

How did you get it so sharp hand-held?

No way B & W

DanWalters
08-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Like the vertical comp and the way the color of the surrounding vegetation compliments the tiger.

Harshad Barve
08-03-2010, 07:02 AM
How did you get it so sharp hand-held?

Thanks Ken , I really don't know how ;)

Sabyasachi Patra
08-03-2010, 08:38 AM
He is a nice chap. I had photographed him mating, so have fond memories of him. ;)

I hope no more tiger death in bandhavgarh happens due to vehicle running over tigers. I like the composition. A slight counter clockwise rotation would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Harshad Barve
08-03-2010, 09:23 AM
. I had photographed him mating, so have fond memories of him. ;)

Show us something out of that , BTW My request to all Canon masters , How is PP here , Completely done in DPP , Sharpened for web in PS ,0, 75 ,0.3

Arthur Morris
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
The short guys always seem to have a chip on their shoulders.... Intense portrait.

Steve Kaluski
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
It looks better than previous, not so 'sooty' looking Harshad, cleaner. Did you follow my suggestions from earlier in the year about DPP?

I think Artie has summed it up 'intense portrait'.

Personally I might crop in from both the top & rhs but marginal. Re PS sharpening going the wrong way in the middle. :D

Steve ;)

Steve Canuel
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Nice vertical comp and a clean look at this guy. He does seem to have short,stocky legs.

Rachel Hollander
08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Harshad - like this one a lot. Comp and color look good. Like the intense look.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
08-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone , much appreciated

Personally I might crop in from both the top & rhs but marginal. Why , I am asking this as compo looks good to me ,

Re PS sharpening going the wrong way in the middle. :D

Where , I find this image tack sharp , can you figure out area where sharpening is gone wrong way

Ken Watkins
08-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I would not mind knowing what Steve's comments mean either, not only the above two but "sooty"?

Hilary Hann
08-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Harshad,
No way B & W

Sorry Ken, that was a joke which I think Harshad got. :confused:

Show us something out of that , BTW My request to all Canon masters , How is PP here , Completely done in DPP , Sharpened for web in PS ,0, 75 ,0.3

Looks pretty good to me.

It looks better than previous, not so 'sooty' looking Harshad, cleaner.

I didn't think Steve was alluding to this image being "sooty", but I may be mistaken …

Steve Kaluski
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Comp is all personal taste Harshad, it was only a suggestion, not a criticism, as you ask for C&C, so this was my thought.

Re sharpening, I am surprised you asked, as I PM you about this. You have transpose the figures in the wrong way when you typed it in the thread? It should be 75, 0.3, 0

Some images from the 7D look to me slightly 'sooty' a hint of black overall not giving a clean image, nothing more nothing less, especially at hi ISO. I trust this clarifies things.

John Blumenkamp
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Great pose and detail... that stare off to the right adds some intensity in my opinion - makes me wonder what he has spotted. ;) Nice work.