PDA

View Full Version : Menacing Egret

Scott Frye
08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Reddish Egret at Dunedin Causeway, Florida

f8 at 1/1000 and ISO200
Canon 500mm
Canon 7D

Overcast sky accounts for the background water color but it adds to the mood of the picture. I like the way the colors go from a grey background to a darker grey in the wings to the subdued red of the egret

Keith Carver
08-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Like the framing and colors in this image, Scott but wish the bird's head were a little sharper. The wing feathers behind the head seem marginally sharper than the head itself. Nice head angle and this does capture the intense hunting mood of a reddish egret. Thanks for sharing!

Fabs Forns
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Very dramatic presentation that coulees use a bit more sharpening as mentioned. I like your choice of crop, but would get rid of the little wave on the LL corner. Thanks for sharing!

Alfred Forns
08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Agree with comments and can add colors of the bird are not accurate? ... all seems to be pulling to brown tones !! Do like selected crop and how you gave room for all the neck feathers !!!

Axel Hildebrandt
08-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Light and composition look great, adding to the other comments, I might remove the dark spot in the BG near the top.

ann shiller
08-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I think it is a keeper. I like the action and the colors of the herons head vs the gray background. A tad more contrast perhaps? I love to watch these birds fish, using their wings for shading the shallows. I was able to take some shots of a white morph at Ft Desoto Park but it was almost high noon and the light was difficult to work with.