PDA

View Full Version : Red Desert Stud

Jess Lee
08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
This is a Mustang Stallion from the Red Desert in Wyoming. He is looking over one of the few places that is not over run with gas and oil rigs and one of the places we are trying to force the BLM to manage for wildlife habitat rather than only for resource extraction.

Photographically I do wish he had a little more light on his face.
Canon 1 D mk 4 100-400 if all of that is important to you;)

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
What is BLM?

I love the vast expanse captured in this image. A bit more contrast would be good. I agree that with better lighting this would have been superb. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jess Lee
08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Ah Sorry,
The BLM is one of the agencies that is supposed to manage some of our public lands. Officially they are the Bureau of Land Management also know as Bureau of Livestock and Mining or the Bureau of Land Mismanagement.
Thanks for your comment

DanWalters
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Great comp and I like the surrounding landscape. Would like to see a little more room on the bottom. Also agree about adding a little contrast.

Alfred Forns
08-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Mighty fine looking image Jess Would try bringing in some detail to the horse, CS5 Shadow/highlight should do it and then a slight contrast increase Great setting and feel !!! Love this image !!!

John Blumenkamp
08-03-2010, 12:53 AM
I really like the open feel to this image... I agree with Dan's comments about maybe some more room on the bottom. Could it use a small amount of CCW rotation? I really like the variation of the clouds to the terrain and how you include both.

Morkel Erasmus
08-03-2010, 02:18 AM
nice scape here Lee! we are struggling with many of the same issues with mines opening right next to UNESCO World Heritage sites in South Africa, with government officials involved in directorships and all that fun jazz :(

what were your settings? aperture, ISO, SS?

Harshad Barve
08-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Lovely wide angle image and excellent suggestions above
TFS