PDA

View Full Version : Humming Bird & firebush

Arsdel Fluesmeier
01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
20D, Canon 100-400@400mm. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this.This is two photos superimposed. Just an experiment. I this ethically
proper ? Your opinions please.

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Arsdel,

Ethical in reference to what?

To try to pass this as a straight image, yes, it would be unethical IMO, but disclosure will be OK and considered Digital Art.

What I see here is that the flower is much sharper than the bird, probably because the bird is the implant here and you had to feather it to a more natural look. I would try some selective sharpening and maybe a slight curve on him to make him stand out.

Very nice!

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I tried a hand at it:

Arsdel Fluesmeier
01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Thank you for your opinion and also for moving the image. Now I know.

Craig Markham
01-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Nice fireweed pic with the softly focused darker background. I think your rufous hummingbird is a tad larger than the scale of the fireweed, i.e., it appears closer in the perspective of the image than the fireweed. Had you not mentioned that this is a composite photo, I would have puzzled at the subtle discordance of the focus and scale of the bird and the flower. I like your concept, and appreciate that you did a "full disclosure", which as Fabs pointed out, satisfies the ethical question. I hope you are so fortunate as to find the flower and the hummer (and your camera) all together sometime. It makes for some exciting moments!
-- Craig
Dundee, OR