PDA

View Full Version : An all-too-common problem

Richard Stern
03-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I have just returned from a wonderful week in Belize, where I saw and photographed many birds, amongst other things. I am posting this Black-headed Trogon as an illustration of a problem I have yet to adequately solve, and wonder if there is a simple way to deal with it - namely fuzzy out-of-focus branches crossing in front of the bird, that spoil an otherwise reasonable image - I have spent some time on this one with the clone tool and healing brush, but although it 's an improvement on the original, it's still a problem. Any help (other than trying to persuade the bird to move) appreciated.

Richard

Harold Davis
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
hi richard, you have a beautiful bird there. i cant help you with your pic, but i'm sure someone else here can. cant wait to see some more shots from belize!!

Arthur Morris
03-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Lovely bird and image. Unless you have an image of the same bird in the series that has the dark feathers, it would seem impossible to repair this even by the most experienced of Quick maskers. Try PMing Robert O'Toole and ask him to check it out. If he cannot do it nobody can.

later and love, artie