PDA

View Full Version : Coneflower Hug

Mike Moats
07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Haven't been able to get out much to shoot anything new as the art shows suck up most of my time during the summer months. Here is a shot of two cone flowers that look like they're in love as the lower flowers petal inter locks with the upper one.

Fuji S5, Tamron 90mm, Tripod, Natural Light, f16

Roman Kurywczak
07-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey Mike,
Classic Mike Moats.....sharp.....killer light...stellar comp! ......love the embrace of the 2 with the centers making a nice diagonal flow. Debated the petal in the UR.....even tried the old browser crop to cut it like the others.....put it a little close to the center of the bud.....so beyond PP extension......would keep it as is. This one should do very well for you!

Jim Bridges
07-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Absolutely beautiful sharpness,color and composition. I've never made any images of these flowers but I'm inspired to go hunt some now.

Julie Kenward
07-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Glad to see you found time to get out and make us some new art, Mike! What an awesome image of the two connected flowers. This would be great on the front of an engagement announcement or an informal wedding invite. Love how sharp those center buds are compared to the softness of the petals. Perfect DOF as always.

Ken Childs
07-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Nicely spotted!
Great comp, colors and clarity (as always)!

Susan Candelario
07-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Beautiful image, Mike! Glad to see you had some time and were able to delight us with your usual lovely work. Great all around.