Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @ 200mm
Av mode
1/200"
F16
ISO:400
LR & CS3
HH

I thought I'd give Anita another break from the bugs. :)

I was shooting butterflies at the time which is why this was shot with the 100-400. All natural partly cloudy outside light. Cleaned up some blemishes from the petals. Smoothed out the BG.

Norm Dulak
07-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for another respite from the bugs!:)

I like the background, the sharpness and the colors of your image. But for my taste the anthers are positioned too high. Next time, I would shoot from a higher angle, placing the anthers more centrally and showing more of the perimeter of the flower.

But TFS!

Norm

Matthew Pugh
07-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi

A nicely colourful image that has a solid composition and looks to be ideal lighting for the subject material

I think this works well

All the best
Matthew

Julie Kenward
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't mind the placement of the anthers. For me, I like them all inside the flower petals or all outside the flower petals - not 1/2 and 1/2. This one is close to the petals edge but the anthers on lilies tend to be quite long so I think you did well.

I really like your choice of comp and crop on this one, Ken. The lily has great prominence and fills the frame out nicely yet doesn't feel pinched or tight. Nice smooth BG and lovely lighting on the lily.

Mike Moats
07-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey Ken, I like the comp, nice clean details and light. BG looks fine. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Hey Ken,
I'm with Jules......think all in works. Excellent light and BG. Very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Looks great to me, I like the colours the details and the composition.

Charles Wesley
07-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Ken,

Very strong image IMO. Really like the wonderful color contrast and sharpness. Love my Canon Dust Pump. It's a very good close up zoom lens IMO. Most shooters don't know it...

Charles Wesley
07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Ken,

Very strong image IMO. Really like the wonderful color contrast and sharpness. Love my Canon Dust Pump. It's a very good close up zoom lens IMO. Most shooters don't know it...