Kasra.Ha
07-30-2010, 01:36 AM
500D, EF 70-300@300mm, f/5.6, 1/800sec, iso400

Thanks For Looking
http://kasra1817.persiangig.com/image/Red-fronted%20Serin9.jpg

Randy Stout
07-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Kasra:

Thanks for sharing this new bird for me. Very interesting coloration.
The light angle here is well off to your left, and that creates the deep shadows on the birds left side. It would have been more pleasing if the lighting had been a bit more over your shoulder.
Part of the problem with such strong side lighting is that it really challenges the exposure.

I might consider toning down the stick intersecting with his back on the left side of the frame.

Cheers

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
07-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome to BPN, Kasra and thanks for sharing the image of a species that I don't think I have seen before. I agree with Randy's suggestions and comments and would try to lighten the parts of the plumage that are not sunlit. Keep them coming!

Nico Steenberg
07-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Great looking bird. Great advise given. Keep them coming !

Dan Busby
07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
A very interesting bird Kasra. One of the great pleasures of BPN is getting to see photos from areas many of us never get to. The lighting in this photo is quite harsh but I think with some work it could be improved, as per Randy's suggestions. I think some work on the background could also reduce the distraction of the out of focus branch. But I like the sharpness and eye detail. which really make this shot a good one. Well done!