PDA

View Full Version : Travel to India in feb. 2011

Daniel Stenberg
07-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi to everyone in the Asia forum, and especially you from India!

Me and my girlfriend plan to visit India in February next year. We are putting together a four weeks photographic trip with emphasis on culture, nature, wildlife and birds.

Our planned route so far is: Delhi - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh NP - Agra (Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fathepur Sikri) - Chambal River Sanctuary - Keoladeo Ghana NP - Delhi

I have alredy read quite a few trip reports on the internet, and have spoken with friends of mine who has been there. We are travelling independent, so we have to plan everything ourselves.

Thatīs why I turn to you guys...is there anything in our intinerary that we have over looked? Do you have tips on locations along our route or any other tips for our journey we would be grateful.

Anything can be useful...

Thanks

// Daniel

Harshad Barve
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Daniel , shoot me your e-mail ID , will give you some important tips , BTW FYI , Bandhavgarh is my first home

Amano Samarpan
09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
In case you don't know, there are some good sites in and around Delhi!
Sultanpur Lake for instance.
Google the Delhibird Club for more info ...
Amano
expect to pass through Delhi early february.

Shreyas Mantri
11-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Daniel, just PM-ed you some info!
Regards
Shreyas

Amano Samarpan
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
The beginning of february would be good for this place !!

Amano

P.S. am going there tomorrow; presently in Delhi!

Daniel Stenberg
11-12-2010, 02:06 PM
The beginning of february would be good for this place !!

Amano

P.S. am going there tomorrow; presently in Delhi!

How is the water supplies in the park this year? I have understood that they have released water from Panchna dam after years of drought.

And how about the tiger that strolled in to Keoladeo in october? Is it stil abundant?

// Daniel

Amano Samarpan
11-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi

Apologies for the delay in feedback but on the road ... !!

Bharatpur is a great place even when there isn't water.

At present, there is quite a lot and the Painted Storks are nesting. Its' easy to pick up 50 different species or more here in a day and also to produce some interesting photos of bird behaviour.

The eco-system seems to have changed though over the last decade. I miss seeing the Pied Kingfishers hovering but that is not something I have noticed for several years.

Pied Cuckoos being fed by Jungle Babblers was a highlight but also some warblers as well as the various species of heron the park supports.

Even in droughtlike conditions its' worth a visit (Sociable Lapwings for instance) but at the moments the water is there aplenty ...

Cheers

Amano