PDA

View Full Version : From the best National Park of India

Harshad Barve
07-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Dear all

Made this in Jim Corbett National park —named after the hunter turned conservationist
Jim Corbett who played a key role in its establishment—is the oldest National Park of India. The park was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park but then renamed as Jim Corbett NP to pay tribute to great man.

The Jim Corbett National Park is a heaven for the adventure seeker and wildlife adventure lovers. Corbett National Park is India's first national park which comprises 520.8 km<sup>2</sup>. area of hills, riverine belts, marshy depressions, grass lands and large lake. The elevation ranges from 1,300 feet to 4,000 feet. Winter nights in Corbett national park are cold but the days are bright and sunny. It rains from July to September. Dense moist deciduous forest mainly consists of sal, haldu, pipal, rohini and mango trees, and these trees cover almost 73 per cent of the park. The 10 per cent of the area consists of grasslands.It houses around 110 tree species, 50 species of mammals, 580 bird species and 25 reptile species. The endangered Bengal tiger of India resides here. The sanctuary was the first to come under Project Tiger initiative.

This park is so colorful and quite a time resembles with YNP colors. One full lifetime may not be enough to photograph. 2011 is one year when I will be spending some heavy time here. With Elephants I want to shoot Tigers. They are as big as their Siberian cousins

This image was created with D40X , 70-300 VR F5.6 , ISO 200 , 1/320 , HH at 155mm. Initial days of photography , Do adjust poor IQ here
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

PS , Info from Wiki

Grace Scalzo
07-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Harshad, Thanks for the history of the park and for sharing this image. Gives the viewer a great idea of the place. Love the line of elephants and looking forward to your images from there in 2011. Only suggestion I could offer is to trim a bit off the bottom. (Right above your name), just seems to ground the elephants a bit more.

Harshad Barve
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks Grace , much appreciated , here is re-post

Ken Watkins
07-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Harshad,

Looks a great place, no twigs:D

I am ashamed to say I was quite close to the park 26 years ago, but I had not discovered Wildlife photography at the time.

Must try to visit some time;)

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Harshad, liked it a lot. Especially, the light. If one elephant had looked your way, it would have made a big difference.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Ken,
Except the chaurs you will find twigs all over the place. :-) Unfortunately, large parts of it is colonised by invasives. It is a tiger reserve as well. A very nice place, being destroyed by tourism pressure. The tourist resorts have cut off the migratory corridor of animals. Currently there are efforts to regulate tourism, but no concrete solution has been found so far. I have seen the place change a lot in front of my eyes. Don't expect to see a tiger all the time like bandhavgarh and ranthambhore, but there would be enough to hold your interest.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Morkel Erasmus
07-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Bhai there is nothing wrong with the quality of this pic - at least as posted. Many good images are made with the Nikon/Canon equivalent 70-300 stabilised lenses. Lovely scene, your repost nails it - as mentioned, one looking your way would have put it on another level.

John Ippolito
07-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Harshad, this image gives us a nice feel for the habitat and geography of the park. Like the repost best. TFS image and info!

Rachel Hollander
07-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Harshad - Agree with other comments and like the repost better.

TFS,
Rachel

Alfred Forns
07-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Harshad Thanks for the bg info and overall view !!! Real nice to see a bit more !! Do like the re post a lot and quality seems fine to me !!!

Hilary Hann
07-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Harshad, as you know I really love environmental wildlife images and I rarely see any showing large numbers of wild Asiatic elephants, so this is fantastic. Agree with other comments regarding one elephant looking your way, but not a deal breaker. TFS.

Ken Lassman
07-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the history of the park Harshad...looking forward to seeing your future posts from this incredible place. TFS