PDA

View Full Version : Another Rhino

Bonnie Block
07-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Another Rhinoceros Auklet from today. This one sans fish in its mouth. These guys are hard to figure out.
They catch and eat a lot of fish--I can see them swimming and swallowing their catch. They do not hold onto fish--maybe very late in the day--just before they fly to the nest. Just my theory.

Canon 1DMKIV
500/4 IS
1/1600s f/7.1 at 700.0mm iso500

Axel Hildebrandt
07-29-2010, 05:19 AM
Eye contact and calm water look good. I might sharpen the bird a bit more and wish it were angled toward you.

Randy Stout
07-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Bonnie:

Another nice look at this unusual bird. Shows off his bill well. Like the clear water/view of foot. Well exposed.
The head angle seems pretty parallel to the sensor to me. Very good eye.

Cheers

Randy

Fabs Forns
07-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Very interesting bird that I'm yet to see even in pictures. Tech and presentation look good to me, maybe a lower angle, but probably not possible.

Robert O'Toole
07-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Really like the smooth water and the eye sharpness is killer. I like it!

Maybe you can sharpen the body and back a little more.

Robert

Bonnie Block
07-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone! I am always a bit shy on the sharpening--this one can take it. I would also like a lower angle (this was shot from the pier). Unfortunately, on this day there was a lot of power boat traffic --this is an entrance to a marina with pilings on either side. Some people are not very courteous to the paddlers and I watched two girls in their kayak get quite a ride---I can only imagine if I had my gear out there in those wake waves.
Earlier in the week there is no crabbing--so not so many boats. I "might" give the kayak a try next time.