PDA

View Full Version : Tigress ! Bandhavgarh

Harshad Barve
07-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Dear all

Simple tiger water drinking image but I love the lighting effect here , created against light at Rajbehara Dam of Bandhavgarh NP
7D , 300/f4 , ISO 400 , F5.6, 1/320 , HH
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Ken Watkins
07-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Harshad,

This looks pretty good to me, I would like too see a little more space above and a little less below.

Whatever it is a classic.:D

Hilary Hann
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Lovely light here Harshad. A simple, yet effective composition which really works. I would love to see it with a pano crop taking off the lighter water even though it would mean cutting a tiny bit of the edge of the reflection. On my monitor it looks pretty strong, but may not be pleasing to anyone else. :)

Alfred Forns
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi Harshad Would go for less water at the bottom, closer to a pano would be nice. Makes the the tiger larger in frame and still get a good look at the pretty water !!! Sweet image !!!

Marc Mol
07-29-2010, 01:08 AM
All crop nits aside, great eye contact in this drinking image Harshad, well done.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
07-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Like the eye contact. A longer focal length would have been better here.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Morkel Erasmus
07-29-2010, 01:51 AM
lovely drinking shot Bhai - I would crop away from bottom to lose the brighter part of water :)

Steve Kaluski
07-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Sorry Harshad should have posted this yesterday.

Composition wise and environment I think this is one of your best. The low POV gives a clear line and as the viewer, you are almost feel you are there taking the shot. I love the crouching stance, tongue lapping, eyes on you and the subtlety of the draped tail on the rocks. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I think if you were to 'mask' and drop the exposure/gamma over the water and a slight tweak in curves you will find that you will get some more depth out of it. Not sure if in the processing the yellow of the water has added a slight cast over the rocks? Retaining where the Tiger is, I might just try a slightly tighter crop perhaps? Saying all that, a handsome image Harshad, are you sure your wife didn't take it? :D:D

TFS
Steve ;)

Harshad Barve
07-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Of course taken by me , posting her image in my name , Man, I was to live long :D:D;) She too clicked some images in this sighting

Harshad, are you sure your wife didn't take it? :D:D

Thanks for repost Steve , mcuh appreciated ,

John Ippolito
07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Very lovely image, Harshad. Steve's crop emhasizes the tiger. Love the pose and tail as mentioned. Well done indeed. TFS.

Rachel Hollander
07-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Another beautiful image. I think Steve's repost is better as far as comp and color.

TFS,
Rachel