PDA

View Full Version : Kgalagadi Lioness with cubs

BenBotha
07-27-2010, 01:32 PM
This is my first post

We found the injured lioness and cubs close to the Nossob camp. She was limping but managed to catch a gemsbok the next day. She had an injury to the L hind leg.

Ben

Morkel Erasmus
07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
lovely family in great light Ben...please include your EXIF data such as camera, lens, aperture setting, shutter speed, ISO etc for us to critique constructively

I like the eye contact from one, wishing that he'd been entirely clear of mum's front leg. Mom's tail position suggests she was agitated at something. Pity about the many tyre marks in the road but the Kgalagadi lions love walking in the roads and we love them for doing so :)

Harshad Barve
07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Kgalagadi colors I guess ,

Morkelbhai said it all for me , BTW those highways for big cats helps lot in finding them easily, doesn't bother me too :)
TFS

Alfred Forns
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Big Warm Welcome Ben !!!! Sweet first post ... entire lion family !!!

Good suggestion by Morkel to include shooting info Looks like you stopped down enough since dof is adequate Like the poses with mom attentive and cubs relaxed, the one looking back makes it for me. .... hope the leg heals and she could hunt at full speed !!!

BenBotha
07-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the responses and thank you for looking. I assume the exif data is not displayed automatically?

Ben

Morkel Erasmus
07-29-2010, 01:01 AM
yes Ben - when uploading on BPN the EXIF is not available unless saving the file on our computers and then opening in Photoshop...and if you use "save for web" like I do it discards all EXIF info anyway. I normally type a quick synopsis of gear and settings used with each shot.

Arno Ellmer
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Welcome ,Ben ! All has been said ! Keep them coming !