PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Challenge | Bandhavgarh National Park

Harshad Barve
07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Dear All
Taken from fort of Bandhavgarh NP in winters. Harsh afternoon light but cant go up at 3000 feet in morning as dense fog covers the forest.

Roman and team , Great opportunity to learn Landscape image techniques by participating in this challenge , so looking forward for some real sticks :D:D

7D, 15mm/2.8 fish-eye lens , F14 , ISO 400 , 1/400 HH
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

PS, BTW how it will look if you see tiger on those Jeep paths ;) , I have yet see Tiger from Fort

Julie Brown
07-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Great view, Harshad. I like the perspective but you do have the washed out colors due to the light. Not much going on in the sky, I might have cropped that down a bit. Did you use a polarizer?

Roman Kurywczak
07-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi Harshad,
Rule #1 for landscapers......it's the light , the light, the light! You were probably photogrphing the tigers during the sweet light.......so earlier in the day or later would give the image more depth. Julie gives you some excellent advice on the sky too....since it didn't have much interest up high....cropping it down to just above the bush...where it's full on the right....will help this compositionally.....if you had clouds.....that would be another story! I do think that you can just lower the brightness some.....but you still wont get the needed depth in the valley floor to give this that extra something. Glad to see you took to the challenge.....and looking forward to more!

Harshad Barve
07-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Harshad,
You were probably photographing the tigers during the sweet light...

Of course yes

Roman Kurywczak
07-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Of course yes
I probably would be too;)!

Dave Mills
07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Harshad,agree with Romans comments especially regarding the light. As in most forms of photography it's a critical factor in landscapes. Agree with the crop advice since the sky is mostly blank.
Now if there was a tiger peering down the valley on the lower left...that would be a bonus!!:D