PDA

View Full Version : Landscape challenge! View from artist's point

Fabs Forns
07-26-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm not much a landscape photog, although I must admit that's how I got started in photo, but soon the adrenaline of action convinced me to stay in birds.
Nothing out of this world, not original, but not much more I found to do. Iconinc locations and double hard to photograph, especially if you're not on your own and have all the time to plot a new approach :o
A 3 EXP HDR, processed in Photomatix. I was using Nikon at the time, so only 1 stop difference in them.

Model: NIKON D3
Lens (mm): 70
ISO: 800
Aperture: 20

Julie Brown
07-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Fabs, I like the textures in the canyon and the strong blue color of the water. To get the silky water you must have had a slow shutter speed.

Harshad Barve
07-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Excellent image Fabs , loving that water
TFS

Roman Kurywczak
07-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey Fabs,
Thanks for taking the challenge! You have also found one of the biggest problems with landscape photography.....how do you capture something in an iconic location.....that's just a bit different? I think you did very well here handling the light! this location almost always begs for overcast light.....so your choice of HDR was an excellent one! I like how the falls and river flow on the left ROT line with the LH tree a nice anchor. Not my favorite view with the tree on the right......but I've stood there a hundred times.....so plenty of times to explore! All in all.....very well composed and really nice job handling the mixed light.........you've thrown down the challenge nicely.....so now I must go into the bird files!

Dave Mills
07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Fabs, Well handled image! You positioned yourself well to get a good view of the water snaking through the canyon. The small tree is nicely lit anchoring the left with the tree silhouette framing the rt and not merging with the water.
You have warm light which is subdued and enhances the many colors on the canyon wall. Well done!!