07-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Dear all
Even cubs walk like their Dad ,
7D , 300/f4 , ISO 400 at F4 , 1/320 HH
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

arash_hazeghi
07-26-2010, 03:07 AM
excellent pose and details Harshad, wish the tree was not there, greens in Bg look a bit oversat for my taste. TFS

Harshad Barve
07-26-2010, 03:15 AM
wish the tree was not there,

No Trees no Tigers Arashbhai , Most of the photographers will find them in bushes

greens in Bg look a bit oversat for my taste. TFS

definately it was not bright morning and these greens are of Monsoons , Vivid and Vibrant

Steve Kaluski
07-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Great pose Harshad, you know exactly what is happening here.

I would agree it does look a tad saturated, but will go with the 'monsoon' rational. IMHO I might ease off a tad on the contrast/levels, as to me, the blacks are quite strong, slightly choking some of the finer detail? Just feel it needs opening up a fraction, but again, just a thought.

TFS
Steve

Hilary Hann
07-26-2010, 05:43 AM
He is going to grow up into one fine tiger. Those feet are huge, as is the belly. Looks like he may have just fed. Not having seen much of monsoon colours, I won't comment on the saturation … you can be sure though, you won't find colour like that on the Serengeti Plains! :D

Harshad Barve
07-26-2010, 06:59 AM
IMHO I might ease off a tad on the contrast/levels, as to me, the blacks are quite strong,

Steve pulled back contrast by -10 points , what do you say

Steve Kaluski
07-26-2010, 07:24 AM
More to the point, how do you see it? Is it better?

It is only my thoughts & views Harshad, I think it is. :) This was my thoughts, but it will be interesting to see if the file becomes more 'Saturated' again. If it doesn't then I know why ;)

Steve

John Ippolito
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Excellent pose and handsome subject. Your repost and Steve's version are an improvement in detail. Like the subtle bloody paw and whiskers. Well done.

Morkel Erasmus
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
wonderful moment and attitude Bhai...agree on the greens being a tad too saturated, might have been like that but it draws the eye a bit too much :)

I don't mind the tree, but will make the following crop suggestion, as the piece of land to the right of the tree also distracts. I also desaturated the greens by about 15 points selectively on the top section

Steve Canuel
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Harshad,
I like the walking pose with the lowered head and raised paw. I've had to deal with vibrant green new growth as well so I leave that to you. The colors in the OP are bright but do not seem outside the boundaries of nature to me. I like Morkel's suggestion with the tree.

Ken Watkins
07-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Harshad,
The colors in the OP are bright but do not seem outside the boundaries of nature to me. I like Morkel's suggestion with the tree.

Harshad,

A bit late with this one, I like Morkel's crop and agree entirely with the above regarding the "vibrant" green.

Alfred Forns
07-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Great thread and lots of good points !!! ... any way you look at it is one strong base image !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
07-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Nice image. I like Morkel's version. A vertical would have been nice.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi