PDA

View Full Version : Reddish Egret

Mohammed Ahmed
01-03-2008, 01:43 PM
This one was shot at Ding Darling NWR - Dec. 2007. I am attacing the technicals below:
ISO 200; 1/200Sec.; F7.1; Evaluative metering; EC -1/3; EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x; AF mode Manual (MF)

I have not cropped this image at all neither have I done any color correction. I have sharpened it, adjusted contrast & brightnes a bit. I am still in learning mode and not sure if there is too much room on the left or if it is okay the way it is presented. Honest C&C please to improve the image & the composition.

Thanks,

M-

Rosl Roessner
01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi Mohammed,
this is a very pleasing image of a beautyful bird. The background is nice and soft. I only would whish, that the bird would look into the picture, than out of the frame, what means, that it should turn it's head to the other side. And may be, a little more room at the bottom would give the bird more space for the legs; but that's only my personal opinion, and I am no pro....

Best regards,
Rose

Alfred Forns
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Mohammed, Don't mind the bird looking out in this instance It does attract me in thinking what is he looking at I like the careful in camera framing Might suggest to point the camera down slightly to reduce space at the top and make the log come up from slightly out of the corner !!! Very nice image

btw Rose thanks for your input This all subjective and fully agree with you in a real world that bird should be looking left .... they just don't cooperate !!!!

David Hunter
01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Mohammed,

I really like this image. The colors are very nice and your framing is good. I agree with leaving a little more room on the bottom if you had it, and I might crop in from the left just a little, but other than that I think the image is very well done.

David Hemmings
01-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Nice imagehere Mohammed, I like the setting. In a perfect world, the bird would look into the frame. I would like to see a little room under the perch;)

Mohammed Ahmed
01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Thank you very much for all the encouragement.

Rose, I do happen to have another frame where the egret is looking the other way. I'll try to post that tomorrow with the other suggested corrections.

Regards,

Mohammed

Andrew McCullough
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Nice. All I would suggest is a little more room at the bottom. Love the standing on one leg.

Maxis Gamez
01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Mohammed,

The composition works for me, I don't mind the bird looking at the other direction but I think the perch should be more expose, meaning it should be higher in the frame.

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Nice habitat shot.
Szimi