PDA

View Full Version : Bass Harbor Head Light

Fabs Forns
07-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Well, we only had a chance at this one, and light was not what we would have wanted. But when you get lemons...you know the drill. A 3 image HDR, processed with Photmatix, CS5 and Nik Efex Complete.
Hope the landscape expert can give me good pointers.

Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens (mm): 55
ISO: 125
Aperture: 11.3
0 Ev, +2 Ev, -0Ev
full frame, tripod, cable release

Michael Pancier
07-25-2010, 09:25 PM
you made it to my favorite lighthouse. were the photographers gathered there like ants? I got a prime spot on the rocks below 3 hours before sunset. it's that crazy there.

I would add some structure to the clouds to make them pop out a bit more and maybe darken the foreground rocks a bit.

Dave Mills
07-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi Fabs, beautiful soft light and in some ways a painterly quality to the image which might be due to the HDR.However, I do like the look. Good comp but I might crop out the small bump on the far left.
A small adjustment to bring up the clouds would help an already pleasing image...

Roman Kurywczak
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey Fabs,
I've been there many times myself and I like the angle you chose. I too like the way the HDR brought out some nice details in the rocks and trees. Yes I may have preferred to see a fw more tips of the evergreens on the right....but that would introduce more sky and in this case, I like the balance and flow. I was going to say that moving a bit more left would eliminate the branch into the light....but again....doing so would eliminate the light in the window....so since it doesn't intrude....am OK with that too. I do have to agree Michael and Dave above on tweaking the sky....but an easy fix and will make this one really shine. You did very nicely with this often photogrpahed light!