PDA

View Full Version : Great Sandunes

Dave Mills
07-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Shot this in Calif a few years back. A storm was fast approaching and the last light was soon extinguished so I was running around looking for foregrounds. I shot this a few ways and found a version of this a bit stronger due to adding more room to the foreground which foreshortened the middleground somewhat.
Critiques welcome...
Nikon D200,17-85 mm,F22,1/20.0 comp,ISO 200,tripod mtd

Fabs Forns
07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Very nice BG, DAve. I'd be interesting to see your horizontal version, I'm feeling the foreground is too dominant for the vertical, width wise, but what do I know :confused::)

Dave Mills
07-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Fabs, I have another vertical with more room in the front.I had about 15 minutes to find some comps...needless to say I felt a bit rushed. I never used this image for anything in the past and was curious to know what others thought. Thanks for the comment...

Nick Palmieri
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Hey Dave, Personally I like images with things like this in the FG, I realize it doesn't follow the strict rules of composition but works here, in my opinion. Might think about getting much lower in the FG but that would really blow all the rules!

Roman Kurywczak
07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Hey Dave,
I don't think the FG is too dominant.....just perhaps too distant from the BG hills.....so your self assesment and getting lower ....would have closed that gap in the MG with the distant mountains. Light looks great.