PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Eyes

Mike Landwehr
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Portrait of a tiger in a private zoo. Those eyes feel like they are looking right through you!

Canon 10D
100-400 lens at 200mm
ISO 400
1/160 at f/5.6

Harshad Barve
07-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Excellent eye contact here amd you made sure that zoo effect is gone , Those eyes tells the story of zoo sadly
May be few point contrast boost via curves and little sharpening
TFS

Alfred Forns
07-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I like the tight view Mike and agree with the PS suggestions !! ..btw could go even tighter !!!

Steve Kaluski
07-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Mike, the eyes make it an engaging image.

As this is 'Captive' were you shooting through glass, if so you have done very well to reduce any glare/reflection, or was it through mesh? Would have been nice to have some more foreground which would include the feet, but guess there were reasons why you have cropped as you have. Therefore, I might suggest you crop slightly tighter which would still retain those eyes & stare but perhaps may bolster the overall feeling of the image. As the whiskers are already clipped, a fraction more would not be an issue I think. If possible I would try to remove the blades of grass as they are slightly distracting and would make the image cleaner. Also, and quickly done on the laptop I might increase the saturation to +20 & in Selective colour > White reduce the Cyan & yellow to make the whites under the chin cleaner without a cast. Both of these need to be done in adjustment layers.

Hope this helps

TFS
Steve