Image Quality RAW
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF

All comments welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Jonathan,
Well I don't think you could have asked for a better pose! You are tack sharp and at that DOF....dead parallel to the plane! Great BG but will ask about the leaves.....waxy?....it appears they are so a slight tone down will focus more attention to the beauty of a BF! Not sure what is going on in the LRC....but it appears a bit funky.....so perhaps a touch of housekeeping on that too. overall.....very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks Roman, you have pointed out something that hadn't occurred to me... but now you mention it I agree.

Steve Maxson
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Lovely! The butterfly just jumps out at you and the sharpness is excellent, Jonathan. Roman made some good comments above. Well done.

Anita Bower
07-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Beautiful. Amazing detail. Love it! I like Roman's suggestions.

Daniel Cadieux
07-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Awesome details, and nice comp...I like the fact you composed the BF on a diagonal - looks good. Good points by Roman.

OvidiuCavasdan
07-26-2010, 03:13 AM
Nice comp and colors, sharp and very good details, you manage to get perfect parallel to the BF! Well done.

Ken Childs
07-26-2010, 12:02 PM
The comp and colors look good and the bfly looks awesome! Following Roman's advice and toning down those leaves will take this over the top!

Julie Kenward
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Excellent butterfly image, Jonathan! A more evenly colored BG would almost certainly make this even stronger but it would be difficult to get a good result in pp but you should be able to clean it up a bit more. That butterfly is outstanding...very sharp corner to corner and the diagonal fills the frame out beautifully.