PDA

View Full Version : BirdPhotographers.Net's New Look.

James Shadle
07-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I am about to start the tutorials on the new features available to BPN Members.
First I want your opinions.

We were unable to transfer the old forum style to the new software.
Due to that fact I created 4 new "skins" or "styles".

At the bottom left hand corner of the forum you will find a drop down menu.
Which one is your favorite. Please vote in the poll above.

Thanks.

Bill Jobes
07-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Will the 'winner' become the default style? Will the other options remain available ?

William Malacarne
07-24-2010, 08:09 AM
I like the Green as it is the only one that I can tell on the Forum page if it has new post inside....saves lots of time not having to go into every forum to find out no new posts.

Bill

Harshad Barve
07-24-2010, 09:37 AM
I am loving BP-Light

allanrube
07-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Is it possible to have more posts show up per page? That is my only negative reaction to the new forum.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Is it possible to have more posts show up per page? That is my only negative reaction to the new forum.

Do you mean the overall number of posts in the image forums? I don't think it has changed, it's still 75 images per page.

allanrube
07-24-2010, 10:27 AM
When I edit my settings the highest number I can select is 50 posts per page. However, when I go to "What's New" I only see 20 posts per page.

William Malacarne
07-24-2010, 10:30 AM

Go to this link

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?10-General-Photography-Discussion

at the bottom there is a pane that says "Thread Display Options", here you can choose from last 10 days and many other choices. It will still only put at most 75 per page but will give you more pages.

Bill

allanrube
07-24-2010, 10:39 AM
O.K. I went to the thread and then to other forums and I do see 75 posts per page. However, I usually go to "What's New" first when I come to the forum. When I select "What's New" I only see 20 posts per page. Is there a way to see 75 post per page when I do that?

Axel Hildebrandt
07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
O.K. I went to the thread and then to other forums and I do see 75 posts per page. However, I usually go to "What's New" first when I come to the forum. When I select "What's New" I only see 20 posts per page. Is there a way to see 75 post per page when I do that?

This seems to be a general setting, I guess only James could change it.

James Shadle
07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
When I edit my settings the highest number I can select is 50 posts per page. However, when I go to "What's New" I only see 20 posts per page.

Alan,
The default setting is still 75 threads per page in the forums. Are you unable to see 75 per page with your Personal Settings adjusted to - "Use Forum Default"?

The "What's New" is not a forum. Basically it is a search result, returning the newest posts.
I'll look into customizing it to display more than 20 threads per page.

James

allanrube
07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. .I had my setting to 50 and just changed it to default. When I do a search for new posts, however, it still shows only 20 per page.

A_Maddah
07-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi
I send a new post to Avian forum.But my post not viewer Thumbnails.Where are problem?:(
http://a-maddah.persiangig.com/image/1AsBpn.jpg

With best wishes for you

Asad

Ramon M. Casares
07-27-2010, 07:30 PM
What I wouldn´t change at all is the Logo as it is so beautifull as it is, in some of the other ¨skins¨ at the top the logo was different and to be honest, it didn´t look at all that nice, the current one is just killer!

Ignacio Yufera
07-28-2010, 01:49 AM
I agree with Ramon about the logo. I vote for the Green version, keeping the old logo.

James Shadle
07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi
I send a new post to Avian forum.But my post not viewer Thumbnails.Where are problem?:(
http://a-maddah.persiangig.com/image/1AsBpn.jpg

With best wishes for you

Asad

Right now the system can only display thumbnails of images hosted on BPN. Members can use that service.
We are looking into modifing the code so embedded image will display thumbnails also.

James Shadle
07-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Will the 'winner' become the default style? Will the other options remain available ?
That is the plan!

arash_hazeghi
07-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Right now the system can only display thumbnails of images hosted on BPN. Members can use that service.
We are looking into modifing the code so embedded image will display thumbnails also.

hope it gets fixed soon, 200KB on-site hosting limit doesn't do justice to some files, especially when there is lots of feather detail :D prefer external hosting which has no limits but people won't look at the photos w/o thumbnails!

James Shadle
07-29-2010, 02:08 AM
hope it gets fixed soon, 200KB on-site hosting limit doesn't do justice to some files, especially when there is lots of feather detail :D prefer external hosting which has no limits but people won't look at the photos w/o thumbnails!

Can you code .php?:)

arash_hazeghi
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Can you code .php?:)

nope not in .php :D

Gerald Kelberg
07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
BP Light gets my vote - better to have a neutral interface, the colours fight with the images. I also like the freshness of the new logo design which works well on the BP Light.

"Chapeau" to all those who have put so much work in to getting this new version going!

Gerald