PDA

View Full Version : Cenote- Choc Mul

Steve Bein
03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Just got back from a dive trip to the "Mayan Riviera". We were supposed to dive two days in cenotes and the rest in the ocean. After our first dive, we changed to all cenote dives.
I was using a Sony HC-7 HD video in an aquatica housing, which cost twiceas much as the camera, which is supposed to be able to take 6 MP still images besides HD video.. When I looked after taking the stills, they were only 900 KB instead of 6 megs. However, the scenery was stunning. swimming through the cenotes and through fields of stalagtites and mites was amazing. This is a cavern shot , showing the play of light through the water. It was my first cave/cenote dive, though I have been diving since 1960. The most interesting feature was the halocline, where the fresh water rests onthe salt water. The visibility changes to a wavery out of focus time until you clear the layer. It was wierd and exciting at the same time. I still have not seen the video.

Anita Rakestraw
03-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Really a beautiful image, Steve. Diving must be such a fascinating activity - getting to see that "other world" underwater. Hope to see many more of your images!!

Robert Amoruso
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I like the light and its path in the water - strong diagonal line. The FG OOF rock throws it off for me though.

Alfred Forns
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Steve Must have been a memorable trip Were you in a cave situation or did you have a clear way out?

Have not tried that type diving only some salt/fresh at Xel-ha Neat experience !!!!

Love the captured mood The strong diagonals and light play is just great !!! Big Congrats !!!