PDA

View Full Version : Cape Fox Pup

Hendri Venter
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Captured this one early morning in Kgalagadi last year. BG a bit disturbing. Should have gone for a higher aperture.

Canon 40D
Canon 100-400 @ 400 mm
ISO 400
F8
Aperture Priority
SS 1/320
Exp -0.3

Rachel Hollander
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Hendri - I like this. I wonder if you can lighten the part of the face in the shadows (on the right as you look at the photo but the fox's left side).

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Hendri, have you done anything to the background? It looks as if a filter has been used which gives it a slightly unnatural feel and makes the cub's right ear look a bit 'cut out'. The animal itself is very cute and agree with Rachel's assessment of the face.

Harshad Barve
07-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow , what a cute cub , liked this very much as posted
TFS

Ken Watkins
07-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Whilst I would not say the BG is "disturbing" it really does not look right, have you done anything to it?

The Fox itself is a nearly perfect, the sun angle could have been better for you.

If the BG can be sorted out then this is a definite "keeper":D

Steve Kaluski
07-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi Hendri

Perhaps a fraction tight in the frame, but still a cute shot. Would try to get a bit more detail around the eyes and nose, some good detail and the placement of the rear right paw saws his/her dignity :D It does look as if you have blurred the BG above the ears? I might be tempted to revert back to the original and just tone down certain parts like the yellow grass blades etc and leave everything else as is.

TFS
Steve