PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gatorland- Mike Godwin

Nancy A Elwood
07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Just to let people know Mike Godwin is no longer at Gatorland. The season is coming to an end and have not heard anything about any replacement person. Mike was a great ambassador for Gatorland for sure!

James Shadle
07-22-2010, 03:05 PM
WOW!
That is totally unexpected.
Mike promoted the heck out of Gatorland while turning it into a photographer friendly venue.
Much success to Mike in his next endeavor.
James

AJ Witt
07-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I was not happy to hear this news the other day. It will be very hard for Gatorland to replace that position with someone as nice as Mike is, not to mention his hospitality towards photographers and knowledge he shared with everyone. Hopefully this will not hurt their photography program and great rookery there at Gatorland.

I wish Mike the best!

Mike Tracy
07-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Mike can't be replaced in my opinion. His knowledge of the park and it's inhabitants is something that was learned over a lifetime. Since the establishment was started by his grandfather and is in his blood I hope this is just a short hiatus. Sometimes we all need to take a break even from the things we love.

Lana Hays
07-25-2010, 06:03 AM
This is a surprise. He did such a great job promoting and helping especially photographers. Whoever fills that position will certainly have a monumental task at hand. I wish Mike the best at whatever he does.

David Gancarz
07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm very sorry to hear you are leaving, Mike. It was a pleasure knowing you and all the best to you.

ann shiller
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I spent many days at Gatorland Rookery this past season and had a wonderful time taking photos and observing the action. Great prices and great action. Hope they don't stop the deal. And good luck to Mike.

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Mike G, will be sorely missed,I did make a call and the program will continue with another gentleman named mike as well! The early entry and later stay will resume again in feb i believe, and your passes are still good to get you in for the regular hours ; Just no early program in the summer as that ended in july for the summer.
Just sharing what i know...Don

Rocky Sharwell
08-13-2010, 06:44 AM
I just saw this.......Mike was an amazing host and made Gatorland so much fun...

Lyman Duggan
06-23-2011, 11:21 AM
And lets us know where we can shoot with you again.